Monday 26 March 2012

I had this crazy idea...

about glitter paper.

I just had to know if it would work as a background paper - for a boy page.  And then I thought about burlap.  I just had to see what that might look like all together on a layout.

Crazy right?

Ta Da!

DSC_0890_edited

I like glitter as much as the next person but there's something about Christmas that turns me into a glitter fiend. Come December 1, I just can't get enough glitter. So, a page about Ben playing with Christmas ornaments and discovering glitter on his hands for the first time was the perfect opportunity for a glitter background page.

The journaling plays off the title to read "What the?...at least that's what I imagine Ben thought when he discovered glitter for the first time.  Of course, it won't be the last time... :)"
DSC_0888

Here's a look at the embellies. You'll see some October Afternoon from the Holiday Style Flower Sack,  a Canvas Corp canvas star with inked edges, a Jillibean soup alpha from The Paperie's December Kit, and some Tim Holtz tissue tape from the Journey Man pack. The "remember this" ring is also from Jillibean Soup. It was a circle sticker - I think it had a typewriter on it - so I punched out the centre image which gave me the perfect embellishment.

DSC_0887

I know it's kinda far-out-there but it's wacky and fun, too.

I think glitter paper as a background paper turned out to be a great idea.  Can you imagine red for a Christmas page? Or black for a Halloween page? or a birthday party page? The possibilities are endless, really.

Glitter paper. It's not just for cutting up anymore.

zove

Cathie



No comments:

Post a Comment